To be eligible for the IIT2012 Graduate Student Award, the applicant must be registered as a graduate student with a PhD thesis research program closely related to the scope of the IIT2012 conference. The applicant is the main author of a manuscript and must be entrusted with the (oral or poster) presentation of the paper. In addition, the applicant must pay the registration fees for students, and must have applied for the student award when submitting the abstract.
The selection of winners will be achieved in two successive steps:
- First, a group of Graduate Student Award finalists will be identified on the basis of the award application. All finalists will be notified directly by the organizing committee by May 26th, 2012.
- Second, (if necessary) all finalists will give a short (10 min) oral presentation of the paper for a special graduate student award session at 18:30, Tuesday June 26th.
The winner will be announced during the banquet dinner on June 28th, 2012.
The award will comprise a 300 EUR cash prize accompanied with a diploma.
The applicant must submit BY EMAIL the following items to email@example.com Subject: Graduate Student Award, in order to be considered for the Graduate Student Award competition:
- One completed application form
- Description of work associated with the submitted abstract (2 pages max.)
- CV of the applicant.
- Letter of support submitted by the thesis advisor.
All application materials must be received by MAY 1st, 2012.